Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So its been two weeks since I last added something to my supposed to be weekly blog. The last week has been crazy so I haven't had the chance to say anything. Over the last few weeks I've been thinking about the future and where I'm supposed to go and what I'm supposed to do. It's the number one thing that is constantly on my mind. I found an old C.D. by the O.C. Supertones the other day when I was looking for some music to have in my car. The title track of the c.d. is Faith of a Child. The last line of the first verse says, "I still don't know what my time in this world is about". Thinking on that I realized that is exactly where I stand in this thought of where does God want me to go. The chorus continues on to say, " I still don't have an answer, but not because I haven't tried, I still have the heart of a seeker, but I need the faith of a child." These lines struck me right in the heart, because I realized I've been trying so hard to find where God wants me but I haven't had the faith of a child and put that into Gods hands to trust him. Trust is to surrender myself to your will, is another line from the song. I've realized that I must still seek God but I need to put my trust and faith in him too and things will turn out the way he has planned. "For I know the plans I have made for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and A FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11 He makes the promise to give us a future and I now trust and have faith that he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment